Ananta's Dialogue with Parliamentarians is a unique series of seminars that aims to promote greater understanding between Indian policymakers (via the Parliament Standing Committees) and business leaders, media and academics and the discerning public . Standing Committees represent a broad, cross-party consensus which examines different points of view and find suitable provisions to achieve the final objectives of the respective committee.
Under this series, the Chairperson and members of selected Standing Committees of the Indian Parliament are invited to discuss their reports and activities and take inputs from stakeholders to help government with their policy decisions.
This exchange is to add value to the contents and output of these reports by getting inputs and suggestions of a cross-section of select and eminent stakeholders, subject specialists, academics, and decision makers.
- Key Objectives of the Series
To disseminate the working, role and outputs of the Standing Committees to the public at large
- To bring to the fore and highlight the detailed reports of the Parliamentary Committees
- To facilitate a thorough discussion of these reports
- Allow increased level of understanding and also allow the Committees to leverage existing opportunities.
- Facilitate frank and open discussions between policy makers and stake holders